Engravable See-Through Polycarbonate Overlay Laminating Film
A flexible high
performance, clear transparent polycarbonate laminating film; one-side polished and the other, fine matt hardcoated for protection, higher optical quality, improved abrasion and chemical resistance
to common household cleaners and industrial solvents. It is laser engravable and the marks or images created are embedded in the film and are indelible for life. The images can't be
removed chemically or mechanically without demage to the surface.
Features & Benefits
- Extreme durability. Strong bond between the film and substrate ( e.g., PC
film and 100% cotton paper) provides durable and protective security barrier to extend the life of the substrate.
- Superb layflat. Low shrinkage before or
after lamination or application on substrate. Simply use heat and pressure to join all layers together, and they cannot be pulled apart without delamination &
- Excellent optical clarity for optical electronic personalisation processes
(embossing, TT, engraving, etc)
- Laser markable. The mark or image generated
is tamper-evident. The image displays as shades of dotted grey/brown (that is, burnt carbon created by heat from the laser during the engraving process).
- Unique processing characteristics. Optimised
surface texture for text & graphics printing, die cutting and lamination. [May be
printed first or after printing the substrate with graphics]
- Compatible with a diverse range of materials. Suitable for holographic image
application and hides embedded security features (biometric content,
identification number, and cryptographic secure data such as RFID chips & antennas) within its thin film against a white opaque background (e.g., white PC or 100% cotton paper).
- Can be overprinted with regular security printing processes & features
using invisible UV fluorescent and solvent inks, etc. And whilst UV fluorescent features assist with easy verification and make it difficult for the laminating film &
paper substrate to be colour copied or duplicated, the level of security can be increased by combining inks of different colours within films (depending on film
- Excellent print colours with no loss of depth or
vividness in the colours of the substrate.
- Resistant to deterioration from light exposure
and will not yellow with time.
- Chemical and high temperature resistant.
Excellent dimensional stability, and will not wrap even after exposure to high temperature (145 deg.C)
- Hardcoated options provide improved abrasion
resistance, chemical resistance and other benefits over uncoated options
unbreakable. High impact & tensile strength and long term
durability of over 10 years.
2. Other Overlay Laminating
Unlike the hard coated polycarbonate overlay above, the following two are not designed
for laser marking. However, all other properties for polycarbonate apply.
- Transparent uncoated embossable film for colourless tactile inscriptions.
Fine matt finish on one side and high gloss on the other
- Transparent uncoated hot stampable film for holographic designs. Fine
matt finish on one side and fine velvet on the other
Both options allow the application of embossed or hot stamped marks in pre-determined
areas of the film (without obstructing other features in the substrate) to increase the overall protection of the substrate/laminate against counterfeiting and alteration
Suitable for use as conventional and electronic:
Ease to print. Can be printed on both sides, subject to application & technology. Compatible printing technologies include:
- Dye Sublimation & Resin Thermal Transfer & Retransfer Card
- Offset Litho Printing
- Laser Engraving (if applicable)
- Embossing (if applicable)
- UV-sensitive & Infrared Printing
- Hot Foil Stamping (if applicable)
- Guilloche & Relief Printing
- Laser Perforation & Etching
- Laminating Process (standalone, in-line, built-in
- Microchip Processing
- Digital Presses
- Screen Printing
Inks include conventional solvent, water-based, and uv curing
inkjet inks, optical variable inks,
dye & resin ribbons, and infra-red inks.
Formats: Sheets &
Sheet Sizes: B1, B2+, B3+, SRA1, SRA2, SRA3, A3, A4
Roll Widths: 244mm, 305mm, 610mm, and custom roll widths
Film Thickness: Please contact us, if the thickness of your film is not listed above. We may be able to help